The Academic Committee consists of five faculty members of the National College of Nursing Swat. Positioned as under:
|2||Vice Principal||Vice Chair Person|
|3||Nursing Program Coordinator||Member|
Roles and responsibilities:
- The committee will meet at least once a semester to act on the academic standing of students, including placing those in low academic standing on probation, suspending, or recommending or requiring their withdrawal from the College.
- Minutes of the Committee, together with the relevant documents, will be forwarded for the agenda of the next scheduled meeting to the director.
- Taking minor decision regarding exam date change, paper title change etc.
- Academic Committee will normally meet monthly at least one week prior to the commencement of new semester.
- The chair of the Academic Standards Committee must be a faculty member at the rank of associate professor or professor.
- The Academic Committee is responsible to the College for assuring the quality of the College’s academic standards through its oversight of learning and teaching and research processes and outcomes, as set down in the Strategic Plan and its supporting plans, in particular its monitoring of the effectiveness of policies, systems and procedures related to program and course management and research management.
- The Academic Committee may advise the Vice Chairperson, as it sees fit, from time to time, on the budget allocations as they impinge on the quality of the academic activities of the College.
- The Academic Committee shall monitor progress towards the College’s goals in sustainability and monitor the implementation of strategies to achieve these goals.
- The Academic Committee shall monitor the implementation of academic policies and procedures and initiate reviews and improvements.
All members shall be eligible for re-election or re-appointment.
The Academic Committee has the authority to –
- Establish awards, approve the detailed requirements for awards and approve the structure and content of programs/ subjects leading to awards;
- Approve changes to the content of academic programs and detailed requirements for awards; Merit certificates etc.
3.Approve the academic policies of the College, including admission policies.